Dr. Lenka Lisa
Institute of Geology
Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, v.v.i.
165 02 Prague 6 - Lysolaje
Tel.: +420 607 706 585
Tel.: +420 233 087 252
Fax.: +420 220 922 670
I'm recently employed as a Quaternary geologist and geoarchaeologist at the Institute of Geology of Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, v.v.i. in Prague. The main aim of my work is the Quaternary sedimentology with environmental and geoarchaeological aspects. Generally it includes landscape reconstructions within aeolian as well as aluvial environments and microstratigraphy of sunken houses infillins. I was born on 17 of December, 1975 at Brandýs nad Labem, Czech Republic. I am married to Pavel. We have newborn babygirl Marketka.
1994-1999- graduate study of geology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno,
MSc. degree received
1999-2004- postgraduate study, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno
PhD. Thesis: Research of loess and loess-like sediments of the Last Glacial, Moravia,
Ph.D. title received.
since 2003- Institute of Geology, ASCR, v.v.i., Dept. of geological processes
2005 - 3 months research fellowship at the Department of Archaeology, University of Cambridge
2006-2008 - Marie-Curie Fellow at Department of Archaeology, University of Cambridge
2009 - 3 months research fellowship at the Department of Archaeology, University of Aberdeen, Scotland
Just on the way to Sudan again. This time to the 4th Cataract, Usli. I am going to sample the floors of one ancient building which was excavated by our egyptologist during the Autumn season 2009. I will also give a talk about the Geoarchaeological application at Archaeological Museum in Khartoum. This research is granted by the Czech Academy of Sciences and by Charles University and generally based on the cooperation with Czech Egyptologists from Charles University in Prague. More information about the project and cooperation is available here. Some photos I took, are available on this address.
I am involved in the organisation of one small international conference which will be held during 15th to 17th March 2010 in Brno. The title of conference is "OIS3 stage conference" and the main idea is to bring together people interested in (geo)archaeological, climatic and environmenal research of this period. More info is available here
I am also involved in the organisation of the International Working Meeting in Archaeological Soil Micromorphology, which will be held also in Brno, Czech Republic, from May 17th-21st, 2010. More info is available here
Recently, there is a lot of interesting projects I am working on. One of them is
the Moravian Gate project
of the Cambridge University, where is my work focused on the study of environmental conditions of Gravettian sites
in Central Europe as well as to the climatic record of the last 30 000 years. My work includes sedimentological,
micromorphological and geochemical research of loessic deposits.
I am also taking part on the project leaded by dr. Kadlec from the laboratory of Paleomagnetism of the GLU ASCR, v.v.i. This project has a title: Interplay of climate, human impact, and land erosion recorded in the natural archives of Straznicke Pomoravi. My work there includes sedimentological and micromorphological research connected with sedimentary procceses in alluvial zone
My cooperation with archaeologists started in 2005 and since that time I took a part on a bunch of very interesting case studies. Recently I am cooperating by this way with archaeological companies Archaia Brno o.p.s., UAPP Brno and Archaeological Institute of ASCR, v.v.i. in Brno within the area of Brno city and its surrowndings and also with the companies Labrys o.p.s. and Archaeological institute ASCR v.v.i. in Praguewithin the Prague area.
Since my Universtity studies I am still interested in the methodology of quartz micromorphology.
I am running the main web page of the Quaternary group of the Czech Republic. This web page is related to Quaternary studies and collects actual important informations from this branch
Another my web page is related to the project from 2003: Thermal spring sedimentation and to my photo exhibition connected with the project.
2008-2011- Interplay of climate, human impact, and land erosion recorded in the natural archives of Stráznické Pomoraví (Czech Republic).Granted by: Grant Agency of Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Code of Project: IAAX00130801 - participation
2006-2008- Geoarchaeology of European loess (Marie-Curie Fellowship), principal investigator.
2005-2007- The erosional, accumulative and postdepositional processes in flood plain after great flood of August 2002 - participation
2006- Origin of the Brno relief - stage III. (Industrial grant - 7035), principal investigator.
2001-2004- Biodiversity as a function of ecological systems (K 6005114) – participation
2001-2004- Climatic and anthropogenic factors and their influence to the live and alive nature (K 3046108) - participation
2005- Origin of the Brno relief - stage II. (Industrial grant - 7035), principal investigator.
2004-2005- Thermal spring sedimentation of Karlovy Vary thermal structure and its connection to the preventive protection of natural medicinal sources – participation
2004- Origin of the Brno relief (Industrial grant - 7035), principal investigator.
2000-2001- Microprobe used for indication of heavy mineral provenience (FRVS No. 2146 G4), principal investigator.
articles with impact factor or on WOS:
1. Hladil J., Slavik L., Vondra M., Koptikova L., Cejchan P., Schnabl P., Adamovic J., Vacek F., Vich R., Lisa L., Lisy P. (2012): Pragian-Emsian successions in Uzbekistan and Bohemia: magnetic susceptibility logs and thein dynamic time warping alignment.- Stratigraphy, 8, 4, 217 – 236.
2. Novak J., Lisá L., Pokorný P., Kuna M. (2012): Charcoal analyses as an environmental tool for the study of Early Medieval sunken houses infills in Roztoky near Prague, Czech Republic.- Journal of Archaeological Science, 39, 808 – 817. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jas.2011.06.026
3. Matys Grygar, T, Novakova, T, Mihaljevic, M, Strnad, L, Svetlik, I, Koptikova, L, Lisa, L , Brazdil, R, Macka, Z, Stachon, Z, Svitavska-Svobodova, H, Wray, DS (2011): Surprisingly small increase of the sedimentation rate in the floodplain of Morava River in the Straznice area, Czech Republic, in the last 1300 years. CATENA, 86, 3, 192-207
4. Křížová L., Křížek, M., Lisá, L.(2011): Význam povrchové analýzy křemenných zrn pro studium geneze nezpevněných sedimentů. Geografie, 2011, 116, 1, s. 59-78
5. Nývt D., Košler J., Mlčoch B., Mixa P., Lisá L., Bubík M., Hendrix B.(2011): The Mendel Formation: implication for Late Miocene climatic cyclicity at the northern tip of the Antarctic Peninsula.- Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology
6. Grygar T., Světlík I., Lisá L., Koptíková L., Bajer A., Wraye D.S., Ettler V., Mihaljevič M., Nováková T., Koubová M., Novák J., Máčka Z. and Smetana Z. (2010): Geochemical tools for the stratigraphic correlation of floodplain deposits of the Morava River in Straznicke Pomoravi, Czech Republic from the last millennium.- Catena, 80, 2, 106-121.
7. Engel Z., Nyvlt D., Krizek M., Treml V., Jankovska V., Lisa L. (2010): Sedimentary evidence of landscape and climate history since the end of MIS 3 in the Krkonose Mountains, Czech Republic.- Quaternary science reviews, 29, 7-8, 913-927.
8. Mentlík P., Minár J., Břízová E., Lisá L., Taborik P. & Stacked V.:Glaciation in the surroundings of Prášilské Lake (Bohemian Forest, Czech Republic).- Geomorphology, 117, 1-2, 181-194.
9. Lisa L., Burianek D., Uher P. (2009): New approach to garnet redistribution during aeolian transport.- Geological quaterly, 53, 3, 333-340.
10. Kadlec J., Chadima M., Lisá L., Hercman H., Osintsev A., and Oberhänsli H.(2009): Clastic cave deposits in Botovskaya Cave (Eastern Siberia,Russian Federation). - Journal of Cave and Karst Studies, NSS. 70, (3), p. 142-155.
11. Hladil, J., Strnad, L., Šálek, M., Jankovská, V., Šimandl, P., Schwarz, J., Smolík, J., Lisá, L., Koptíková, L., Rohovec, J., Böhmová, V., Langrová, A., Kociánová, M., Melichar, R., Adamovič, J. (2008): An anomalous atmospheric dust deposition event over Central Europe, 24 March 2007, and fingerprinting of the SE Ukrainian source. Bulletin of Geosciences, 83, 2, p. 175-206.
12. Lisá L., Uher P. (2006): Provenance of Wurmian loess and loess-like sediments of Moravia and Silesia (Czech Republic): a study of zircon typology and cathodoluminiscence.- Geologica carpatica, 57, 5, 397-403.
articles without impact factor
1. Parma D., Lisá L., Jarošová M., Libor P. (2011): Geoarcheology of LaTéne Sunken Houses at Syrovice, Czech Republic: Importance for Understanding Living Strategies.- Interdisciplinaria Archaeologica 2(1): 15-25.
2. Kuna M, Lisá L., Novák J. (2011): Zánik raně středověkých domů v Roztokách.- Živá archeologie – REA, 11/2010, 75 – 79.
3. Tichý R., Dohnálková H., Lisá L. (2011): Odpadní jámy nebo blátivé louže?, Živá archeologie 11/2010, 138 - 142.
4. Jarošová M., Lisá L., Přichystal A., Parma D., Petr L., Kos P. (2010): Geoarcheologický výzkum halštatské zemnice v Modřicích u Brna.- Geol. Výzk. Mor. Slez., Brno, 2010, 39-45.
5. Thér R., Droberjar E., Gregor M., Lisá L.,Kočár P., Kočárová R.(2010): Vápenické pece z doby římské v lokalitě Tuněchody (okr. Chrudim).- Archeologické rozhledy LXII-2010, 1-22
6. Škrdla P., Tostevin G., Nývlt D., Lisá L., Mlejnek O., Přichystal A., Richter R. (2009):Tvarozna-Za skolou. The results of 2008 excavation season.- Prehled vyzumu 50, 21-34, Brno
7. Lisá, L., Kolařík, V., & Bajer, A. (2008): The geoarchaeological and micromorphological reconstruction of medieval food store room floor layers; the case study from Tišnov, Czech Republic.- Frankfurter Geowissenschaftliche Arbeiten. Serie D, Band 30, 67-75, Archaeological Soil Micromorphology - Contributions to the Archaeological Soil Micromorphology Working Group Meeting 3rd to 5th April 2008.
8. Mentlik, P., Lisá, L., Minár, J. (2007): Concept of geomorphological analysis of previously glaciated areas (based on analysis of the surroundings of prášilské jezero lake and jezero Laka lake, Šumava Mts., Czech Republic). Landform analysis, IF: none, ISSN 1429-799X, 5, p. 58-59.
9. Lisá, L., Peška, M., Merta, D., Bajer, A., Zůbek, A. (2007): Aplikace geoarcheologie při interpretaci pleistocenních and holocenních sedimentů v prostoru Náměstí Svobody v Brně. Ve službách archeologie, IF: none, ISSN 1802-5463, ISBN 80-7275-060-7, 2007, (1), p. 177-181. In Czech.
10. Lisa L. (2006):Quaternary Geological Composition of Brno Historic Centre: Application of Results from the Collector Canalization.- Acta Mus. Moraviae, Sci. geol., 219-226.(in Czech)
11. Lisá L., Buriánek D., Uher P. (2005):Provenance of Wurmian loess and loess like sediments inMoravia and Silesia, Czech Republic: using of heavy minerals associations.- Acta Musei Moraviai, Sci. geol, 90, 147-154.(in Czech)
9. Lisá, L. (2004): Exoscopy of Moravian eolian sediments.- Bull. Geosci., 79, 3, 177-182.
10. Kvítková, L., Buriánek, D. (2002):Chemical composition of the Dyjskosvratecký úval valley loess.- Acta Mus. Moraviae, Sci. geol., 87, 103-111.(in Czech)
There is the link with my scientific publications + abstracts and some of my, mostly popularization on-line articles.
My photo exhibition about Karlovy Vary travertines
was installed in Brno-Masaryk University (from 1 of July till the end of August) and in Přerov
(from 1 of September till 31 of October)
Our photo exhibition with a title ROCK ART of Central Kirgizstan you had possibility to see in Růžová čajovna tearoom in Prague, street Růžová near Václavské square from 1 of July till 15 of September, 2007